ON-SITE SLUMBER PARTY at ADL SUNNYVALE
Vacations and business travel can cause stress for pets and owners alike. We know how much you love your pet and how much you'd hate to see him caged for days at a time while you're away. For this reason, A DOG'S LIFE offers an On-Site Slumber Party combined with daycare for one price so you can have peace of mind knowing that they are having a great time while you're away.
Your dog will enjoy a safe, closely supervised indoor/outdoor playground with other dogs during the day. At nighttime, your tired pup will slumber in a private kennel equipped with their own toys, water, and a comfortable bed. We even have staff working overnight to make sure that all dogs are sleeping comfortably and soundly. Our overnight attendant is an active position with a variety of tasks, not just someone sleeping on-site overnight. Our overnight attendants regularly check in on our sleeping pups to ensure that all are safe and well.
Reservations are required in advance, especially during the holiday season.
SLUMBER PARTY RATES
EVALUATION - Always free!
(drop-off & pick-up AM or PM)*
- single dog - $55
- additional dog - $44
WEEKLY RATE (7 nights)
- single dog - $330
- additional dog - $264
ADDITIONAL NIGHTS (after one week)
- single dog - $45
- additional dog - $36
LATE CHECK-OUT (pick-up after 12pm)
- single dog - $28
- additional dog - $22.40
(For New Year's, Easter, Memorial, Independence, Labor, Thanksgiving, and Christmas days)
- single dog - $30
- additional dog - $30
ARRANGED PICK-UP ON CLOSED HOLIDAY
- single dog - $20
- additional dog - $20
* For example, if you drop off at 8am Thursday & pickup at 11am Friday, you will be charge for a Single Night. But if you drop off at 8am Thursday and pickup 4pm Friday, you will be charged for a Single Night plus the Late Checkout fee.
RATES EFFECTIVE MARCH 1, 2012.
- Your dog must pass our temperament evaluation (FILL OUT AN ENROLLMENT APPLICATION IN THE NEXT SECTION BELOW).
- For dogs planning to slumber at A DOG'S LIFE for the first time and who pass their evaluation, he or she must come in for at least 2 days of daycare prior to his or her first slumbering stay. Please plan ahead when considering your dog's temperament evaluation appointment and the required 2 introductory days of daycare. Reservations are required in advanced, especially during the holiday season.
- Your dog must be in their current home for at least 1 month.
- Our locations with overnight services are staffed 24 hours a day
- Your dog must be at least 5 months old, and must be spayed or neutered. (All puppies must be altered by 6 months of age).
- Your dog must be people and dog friendly.
- You must provide proof from your dog's veterinarian of current Distemper/Parvo combo, Rabies and Bordatella (Canine Cough) vaccinations, and must be using a flea treatment i.e. Frontline, Advantage, etc.
- All dogs MUST be on leash when brought to A DOG'S LIFE.
- All dogs that come to A DOG'S LIFE for daycare, boarding or training that are recovering from and/or taking antibiotics for an illness or infection must also have written clearance from their vet stating that the dog is safe to be around other dogs (i.e. is not contagious).
Dogs that have not slumbered with us before are required to come in for at least 2 days of daycare prior to his or her first Slumber Party dates. If your pup is still demonstrating signs of discomfort or stress after those 2 days of daycare, we may request your pup to come for additional days of daycare prior to slumbering dates to complete the evaluation process and ensure the comfort and safety of your dog.
Dogs who have not come to A DOG'S LIFE for three months or more may also be required to come for at least a single day of daycare prior to a Slumber Party to reacquaint him or her with our staff, facilities and procedures. Please plan as far ahead as possible before your dog's visit for their own comfort.
If your dog has met the requirements listed above, please click on the desired location below to fill out an Online Application Form in order to set up a temperament evaluation for your dog. After submitting the form, you will be contacted within 1-3 days to make an evaluation appointment.
- APPLY AT A DOG'S LIFE SUNNYVALE !
Due to high demands for our services, we currently have a wait list for our daycare and/or boarding services. Please fill out the wait list form, and we will notify you when we have an opening for your dog. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
NOTE: You do not have to fill out a separate form if you've already filled out the form for the Daycare page. They are the same form.
ALL SLUMBER PARTY STAYS REQUIRE A VALID CREDIT CARD ON FILE TO SECURE RESERVATION.
- Reservations for Slumber Party stays over New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are considered holidays at A DOG'S LIFE.
- If a cancellation is made within 7 calendar days prior to arrival date, clients will be charged for one night of boarding $55 for the first dog, $44 for each additional dog.
- For Slumber Parties that do not include an ADL holiday, any change or cancellation of a reservation must be received via email or voice mail no later than close of business on the day prior to the drop-off date of the reservation (7:00pm Mon-Fri, 5:00pm Sat-Sun).
- Any changes, cancellations or no shows on or after the scheduled drop-off date day will be charged as a $38 cancellation fee for the first dog, and $30.40 for each additional dog.
ON-SITE SLUMBER PARTY HOURS
- drop off: 7:00am - 3:00pm
- pick up: 7:00am - 7:00pm
- office closed 12:00pm - 1:30 for staff
MON-FRI: 7:00am - 7:00pm
- drop off: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- pick up: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- office closed 12:00pm - 1:00 for staff
SAT-SUN: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Please let us know if you need to make special arrangements or need to come outside our published hours. We will always try to accommodate you!
USE OF DAYCARE PACKAGES
Daycare package days may not be used to "pay" for Slumber Party stays.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR DOG'S STAY
- Each meal should be individually bagged and labeled with your dog's full name.
- PLEASE BRING AT LEAST TWO EXTRA DAYS OF FOOD IN CASE OF A NEED TO EXTEND YOUR PUP'S STAY.
- We also recommend increasing the size of each meal, as dogs are much more active than normal when they are staying with us.
- Please do not bring large bags of kibble.
- If your pet becomes ill during their stay with us, they will be given prompt medical care. Any medication your pet is taking will be continued during their stay with us according to your veterinarian's directions.
- All medications must be brought in with the pet in enough quantity to last throughout their stay.
- Please bring any medication in its original bottle when possible.
BED, SHEET OR CRATE MAT (OPTIONAL)
- We have plenty of beds, blankets, and cots for our overnight guest, but feel free to bring their own bed if you feel it will make them more comfortable during their stay with us.
- Please write your dog's name on their bed.
- No long-term chews or rawhides, please.
- Limit treats to biscuits, cookies, greenies, chicken tenders, etc.
WORN ARTICLE OF CLOTHING OR TOY (OPTIONAL)
- Please write your dog's name on any personal belongings you pack for them.
- You must provide your travel contact information, as well as contact information for someone who can be reached by telephone.
- Your emergency contact should be someone who is willing and able to come to A DOG'S LIFE within a few hours if absolutely necessary to pick up your pet in the event of emergency, especially if you plan to be out of the local area during your pup's stay.